Lightweight Folding Aluminium Transit Wheelchair is a great way to travel with family and friends, easy storage, perfect for small spaces and small cars.
The Lightweight Transit Wheelchair is a great alternate if you find a regular wheelchair too heavy or bulky. It requires a second person to assist you in mobility and it provides comfort for both the user as well for the attendant. The Transport wheelchair also has a very compact built which makes is very easy to fold away into small cars for travelling and getting around as well as for storage.
The Aluminium is a very good material and makes the transit wheelchair durable and long lasting. It also includes a flip up footrest function and armrests that can be lifted to make it easier for the user to get into and out of the wheelchair easily and comfortably. This transit wheelchair includes a travel bag and attendant handbrakes.
Features of this Light Transit Wheelchair:
- Material: Aluminium, High-Grade Oxford Cloth
- Flip-up footplate
- Seat Belt for extra safety
- Attendant Handbrake
- Travel bag (included)
- Armrests that can be lifted for sitting at a table
- Foldable and Lightweight
- Wheelchair type: Attended Propelled
- Warranty: one year
- Colour: Black and Grey patterned
Specifications of this Light Transit wheelchair:
- Seat Frame Width: 38 cm
- Seat Width: 34cm
- Seat Height: 48cm
- Seat Depth: 34cm
- Backrest Height: 42cm
- Front Wheel: 6 inch
- Rear Wheel: 8 inch
- Unit Weight: 7.2 kg
- Folding Width: 40 cm
- Overall length: 100 cm
- Overall height: 89 cm
- Overall width: 53 cm
- Max Load: 70 kg
- Folding Size: 22 x 65 x 66 cm
Call Gilani Engineering Registered NDIS Disability Equipment providers on 02 8740 8963 for any other enquiries!
Benefits of our HIRE TO BUY program:
- If you have a temporary injury, limited mobility or want to see if the product is right for you the Mobility Hire Equipment Sydney Hire to Buy Option is a great option
- If you decide to keep the product you have tried, all hiring fees, hiring rate and pick up delivery fee will be deducted from the purchase price (one time $99.00 admin fee is not refundable) if you wish to proceed with the purchase.
- The minimum hire period is 14 days however you can always extend any hire on Light Transit Wheelchairs Australia , and those ADDITIONAL HIRE OUT PERIODS are fully deductible from the purchase price as you do not have to pay the admin fee but only the hire fee and rate.
- That way you are not paying additional hire expenses on top of the full price.
- If you already know what you want and wish to have it delivered to you today. We will deliver it, even today! (SAME DAY express courier service available in Sydney metro).
Frequently Asked Questions:
1-What is a transit wheelchair?
A transit wheelchair is a special type of wheelchair with small wheels, making them easier to manoeuvre. They are also known as transport wheelchairs and transit chairs.
2-What is the difference between a wheelchair and a transport wheelchair?
The difference between a regular wheelchair and a transport wheelchair is that transport chairs have 8”-12” rear wheels that cannot be reached while sitting in the chair. Regular wheelchairs, however, are built with larger 18”-24” wheels topped with an easy-to-grip, rotating handrail that allow users to propel themselves forward. Another difference is that transport wheelchairs require a carer to get around from place to place whilst wheelchair users do not require a carer to move around.